Bay Club Rules
Current rules are in this pdf: Facilities – Bay Club Rules :
Bay Club Rules
General Bay Club Rules – Building and Grounds Section 1
- All Members of the South Bay Community Association will abide by the South Bay Master Declaration, Bylaws, The South Bay Rules, Articles of Incorporation, South Bay Design Standards and all RCW’s that pertain to the South Bay Community Association.
- All persons entering the Bay Club are required to sign-in.
- A “Release of Liability” agreement must be on file with the Bay Club Manager prior to use of the pool, spa, woodshop or exercise equipment.
- SBCA members may bring guests to the Bay Club.
- Guests who are staying overnight in the member’s home may be allowed to use the facilities without being accompanied by the member, provided a written authorization form is submitted by the member, and approved by the SBCA Board or the Bay Club Manager.
- All other guests must be accompanied by the member.
- Pets are not permitted in the Bay Club, except for service animals.
- No smoking is permitted anywhere in the Bay Club facility or on its grounds.
- Appropriate social decorum will be followed.
- The following will not be tolerated:
- Profane or abusive language or gestures
- Physical threats or harassment of others
- Discriminatory remarks or actions toward others
- Acts or conduct which pose a significant risk of injury to persons or property
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted only during scheduled events with an appropriate permit as required by Washington State law.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to use the swimming pool, spa or exercise equipment without the supervision of an adult.
- Only Bay Club Members over the age of 18 may use the woodshop.
- Any injury that occurs on the Bay Club premises must be reported immediately to a staff member on duty.
- Bathing suits are required to use the pool or spa.
- Cut-off and other street clothes combinations are not acceptable in the pool or spa.
- Shoes must be worn at all times except in the pool, spa and locker rooms.
- Athletic shoes and appropriate attire must be worn to use the exercise equipment.
Pool, Spa and Fitness Areas
- Only SBCA Members and their guests are allowed to use the pool or spa.
- All users must shower using soap prior to entering the pool or spa.
- Running is not permitted in the pool/spa area.
- Diving is not permitted.
- Food or beverages are not permitted in the pool/spa area.
- No radios or electric corded devices of any type are permitted in the pool/spa area without written permission from the Bay Club Manager.
- Infants not yet “potty trained” are required to wear “swim diapers”.
- The Bay Club Manager shall determine temperature settings for the pool and spa.
- Persons with hypertension, heart conditions, or other health concerns, and those persons taking prescribed medications, should consult a physician before undertaking any strenuous physical activity, including use of the swimming pool. If you have heart or respiratory conditions, high water temperature in the spa may cause increased stress. Please check with your physician.
- Members and guests should adhere to the Fitness Area Rules of Etiquette.
Tennis Court – Section 2
- The South Bay Tennis Courts are open to all South Bay residents and their accompanied guests, resort guests, and Port Ludlow Racquet Club Members.
- The South Bay Tennis Courts are open for use year-round, weather permitting.
- The courts are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Limit play to one hour when others are waiting.
- Reserve times for groups by calling the Bay Club during normal hours.
- Usage is restricted to tennis only. No skateboards allowed.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn on the courts.
- A key for access to the courts must be checked out from the Bay Club Front Desk and must be returned on the same day as use.
- Courts must be secured by lock when not in use.
Architectural Review Committee Design Standards– Section 3
- All SBCA Members are subject to the South Bay Community CC&R’s as well as the South Bay Design Standards rev.5.1, which are incorporated and made a part of the South Bay Rules.
Rule Enforcement – Section 4
- Any member or guest who does not abide by any of these Rules or any other stated or posted safety or decorum related rules may be given an oral or written warning or may be required to leave the premises.
- For repeated or serious violations of the rules, the Board of Directors may impose conditions on, or limit or suspend the violator’s right to access or use the Bay Club building or grounds.
- The Board of Directors has the right to establish a system of monetary fines or other penalties for violation of these rules as provided in Section 5.3 of the SBCA Master Declaration.
- Judgment and discretion shall be used in all instances where rules have been violated. The Board of Directors shall have sole responsibility for determining an appropriate penalty.
Compliance with SBCA Policies and Procedures – Section 5
- These rules are intended to complement, not supersede or replace, any written SBCA Policies or Procedures presently in effect or that may subsequently be adopted or revised by the SBCA Board of Directors.